How I did my Makeup in High School





Doing a post like this has been on my list for a while and now it's a really popular youtube tag. I have always had an interest in makeup but like a lot of young girls, I didn't have the budget or the skills to ensure my makeup looked good.
In high school I mostly wore eyeshadow. I only wore concealer under my eyes and rarely ever wore foundation. I hated lip gloss and lipstick and I didn't start doing my brows until a few years ago. I didn't understand bronzer, had never heard of highlighter and thought my cheeks were naturally too rosy to wear blush. Below, I recreated my three most worn makeup looks from High School. I tried to copy the technique (or lack of technique) that I used to apply my makeup.

Grade 9
 
Annabelle Eyeshadow Duo in Kir Royal and Black Revlon Eyeliner
It was my first year in high school and I wanted to look super grown up so what did I do? That's right, I went heavy on the black liner. I would actually line my lower lashes (not the waterline), then use makeup remover to remove it leaving only a very thin line right at my lashes.

Grade 10 & 11
Claire's Shimmer Eyeshadow Palette with Lancome Eyeliner in Black Coffee
I got super into the shimmers in the middle of high school but I tamed it down with the brown liner. I didn't know how to blend and I used a very shimmery, white highlight on my brow bone. These eyeshadow came in a rainbow palette with 48 shadows. I'm just thankful I went for the neutral shades and not the bright blues.

Grade 12
Clinique Colour Surge Eyeshadow Trio in Posh Squash, Spicy and Champagne with Lancome Eyeliner in Black Coffee
My makeup was getting to be better quality once I hit my last year of High School. Believe it or not this was actually the look I wore to my grad dance with bright red lipstick.


While I'm not exactly embarrassed with my High School makeup, I'm very thankful my beauty skills have improved.
What style of makeup did you go for in High School?

Leave a Comment

Post a Comment