Summer at the Lake: Travel Makeup




Sorry for the lack of posts lately but as you can probably tell from this post, I've been spending a lot of time at the lake lately where internet is unreliable.
In Canada one of the most popular summer activities is going to the lake. We are lucky enough to have access to a cabin on a very nice lake and I tend to spend a lot of time there during the summer. Lake life is very different from being in the city. I often won't wear much makeup, but I still bring a makeup bag. So here's my Lake travel makeup bag.
BASE
Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer- Something to cover my spots and redness, also great for a day when I don't want to wear foundation.
Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer- For under the eyes.
Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream- It has SPF 35 and it's not too heavy so it wears nicely in the heat. 

COLOUR PRODUCTS
Urban Decay Naked Flushed in Native- An all in one palette with bronzer, highlight and blush is perfect for travel.
Collection Eyes Uncovered in Nude Bronze- Easy pigmented and blendable neutral shadows to wash all over the lid.

 EYES & BROWS
L'Oreal Brow Stylist Plumper- I don't do much with my brows but they still need to be kept neat.
Maybelline The Falsies Mascara- I almost never go without mascara and waterproof is important if you're going to be in the water.

BRUSHES
Zoeva 127 Luxe Sheer Cheek- For blush and highlight
Real Techniques Multi Task Brush- For bronzer
Real Techniques Expert Face Brush- For foundation and concealer
Urban Decay Naked 2 Brush- For eyeshadow, dual eneded brushes are ideal for travelling
Crown Brush C476 Crease/Shadow Brush- For eyeshadow

LIPS
MAC Lipstick in Syrup - This is my favourite everyday lipstick so it's great when I want to look put together for going into town.
Soap & Glory Sexy Mother Pucker Gloss Crayon- It's moisturizing and gives just a hint of colour and shine for anytime.

 PERFUME 
Elizabeth and James Nirvana White- This is my normal perfume and I bring it in roller ball form to the lake so I always smell like myself.

Does anyone else wear Makeup at the lake? The Beach? What are your go to, easy, summer products?

Leave a Comment

Post a Comment