Lorac Pro Palette Review




I know I haven't posted much lately but things have quieted down these last few days so I've been trying to get as many posts made as possible. 
I've had this palette for about a month now so I've had some time to play around with it and give you my thoughts. Firstly I just want to say I wish Lorac was easier to get a hold of in Canada. I had to buy both my palettes while on trips in the US. 
I'm a big fan of this packaging. It's really thin and compact with a magnetic closure. The black is however very prone to getting dirty.
The formula of the shadows is probably one of my favourites. It's really pigmented and buttery and it blends really well. However these shadows are prone to fallout during application.
The choice of shades is perfect for any neutral look but there are also some fun pops of colour like Garnet and Deep Purple. With 8 matte shades on top and 8 shimmery shades on the bottom this is pretty close to what I would imagine the perfect palette to be. I'm totally in love.
My favourite shades in the palette are Taupe, Mauve, Nude, Garnet and Deep Purple. 
White and Cream aren't as pigmented as other shades and Champagne is beautiful but it has glitter which is especially prone to fallout.
Swatches:
Top: White, Cream, Taupe, Lt. Pink, Mauve, Sable, Espresso, Black
Bottom: Nude, Champagne, Gold, lt. Bronze, Pewter, Garnet, Deep Purple, Slate

Seeing as I have both of the Lorac Pro palettes, I thought I would do a quick comparison.
Honestly I love both palettes and I'm so happy I have them both. The original palette has warmer shades and contains more neutral colours while the Pro 2 palette is cooler and has a few more fun pops of colour. I think if you were only to buy one of the two I would suggest the original but both are different enough that there isn't much overlap in shade selection. At least that's how I've justified owning both. 
If you want to see my full review of the Pro 2 palette you can find it here.
Do you have either of the Lorac Pro palettes? What do you think?

Remember I'm doing a giveaway once I reach 300 Bloglovin' followers and another one in April once I get back to blogging full time so make sure you're following.

Leave a Comment

Post a Comment