California Beauty Haul




For my week off of University, my family and I went down to sunny Palm Springs for a well deserved holiday and while I was there I, of course, did some beauty shopping. I hit Ulta as well as Walgreens, Rite Aid and CVS. I didn't have much money to spend (and the Canadian dollar is in the dumps right now) so I only picked up a few items but I thought I would share what I got and give some first impressions.


Lorac Pro Palette
I've been lusting after this palette for years and I finally picked it up. It really is as good as people say. I love the Lorac Pro shadow formulation, as it's so pigmented and buttery. The shades in this palette are also beautiful. I'm working on a full review post to go up soon.

Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolour in Seduction
This is a lovely nude matte lip colour. I picked this up because I was looking for a nude to wear on my trip and I wanted to try the formula. It dries matte but still feels comfortable.

Milani Powder Blush in 08 Tea Rose
I love the Milani baked blushes and the flower design on this blush was just too cute to pass up. The blush is nicely pigmented and applies nicely to the cheeks, I'm very happy with it.

Nonie Creme Colour Prevails Eyeshadow/Liner Duo
I hadn't heard of this brand before so I wanted to give something a try. The colours in this two in one shadow/liner looked really pretty so I picked it up. So far the formula seems a little crumbly but I'll have to spend some time working with it to see how good it is.

It's a 10 Miracle leave-in plus Keratin
I've heard people talk about this hair product before and I've always wanted to give it a try so when I saw this mini size I just had to have it. After only one use it left my hair super shiny and soft. I can't wait to use it some more.

Jordana Fabu Liner in Black
This is a repurchase for me. I love how matte this liner is and it's easy to apply. Plus it's really cheap. I already know it's a favourite so I'm glad to have it back in my collection.

Swatches- Revlon Lipcolour in Seduction, Milani Blush in Tea Rose, Nonie Creme Colour Prevails Eyeshadow/Liner Duo in Mocha and Purple
Overall my trip was totally amazing. It was a little weird to go from -40C to +31C  on the day we arrived and I already miss the warm weather but it's also nice to be home. 
Here are just a couple pictures from the trip.
The desert of Jasper Tree National Park
The Palm Springs Airport- Heading Home

Also remember to follow me on Bloglovin as I'm doing a giveaway at the end of April and once I reach 300 followers! 
Click here or the heart button in my sidebar. 

Leave a Comment

Post a Comment