Empties #2




I love reading other people's empties blog posts. I think it's the best way to tell someone's true feelings about a product. There's really no better feeling that finishing something, makeup especially. I've included a section about the longevity of the product- how long it lasted me and with what type of usage. I hope it's helpful.

Makeup
Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation
I've gone on and on about how this is my all time favourite drugstore foundation. It's a medium coverage, radiance foundation with a really lovely scent. I've written lots of posts singing its praises. You can find the latest here.
Longevity?
A year with regular use.
Repurchase?
I'm on my way out to the store to pick another one up. I can't live without it.

Rimmel Stay Matte Powder
Everyone talks about this powder and for a good reason. It's great! It mattifies but works with my dry skin not making it look cakey which I find can be a problem with other powders.
Longevity?
A year with daily use.
Repurchase?
Absolutely!

Rimmel Exaggerate Liquid Eye Liner
 Another Rimmel product wow! I am going to preface this by saying I'm terrible at applying liquid liner so my opinion on the subject should be considered with that in mind. I really liked this liquid liner. It dried really matte which is important to me and it had good lasting power. I found the felt tip got a little frayed which made it harder to apply. By the end as it was drying out it got clumpy but for a drugstore liquid liner it was pretty good.
Longevity?
6 months of sporadic use.
Repurchase?
Sure! I have a few other liquid liners on the go right now but in the future I would consider buying this one again.

L'Oreal Million Lashes Mascara
This mascara was fine. It gave my lashes lots of volume which is what it advertises. It did have an unpleasant chemical perfume smell which really put me off the product. It didn't flake and it came off easily with makeup remover which is important for me. I would say it is an average mascara. 
Longevity?
6 months of everyday use.
Repurchase? 
No. I'm still looking for something better.

Benefit They're Real Mascara
I got this sample size Benefit mascara as last years Sephora Birthday gift. I was very unsure about it at first because I didn't really like the brush, it took some practice not to stab myself in the eye with the very prickly bristles. It is also a pain to remove and takes more scrubbing than most mascaras. However, I can over look everything I just said because this made my lashes look the best they've ever been. I honestly haven't used a mascara as good.
Longevity?
About 2 months of regular use.
Repurchase?
I really want it to be cheaper. Maybe one day I'll make the splurge.

Skincare
Bioderma
I had an empty Bioderma bottle in my last empties post. It's the best makeup remover out there and I will fight those who try and say otherwise. You can read what I had to say about it here.
Longevity?
6 months of everyday use.
Repurchase?
Always.

The Body Shop Strawberry Body Butter
I used this all spring and summer and it keep my skin from feeling dry. It's not as moisturizing as other body butters but I didn't need it to be in the warm weather. I love strawberries but I found the scent was a little too sweet and artificial for my liking.
Longevity?
5 months regular use.
Repurchase?
The Body Shop body butters, definitely, but probably not this scent. It was a little sweet.

Hair

Dove Volume Boost Shampoo and Conditioner
I actually really liked this shampoo and conditioner. The scent was really nice and fresh. It made my fine hair volumized and shiny. And of course it left my hair feeling clean.
Longevity?
6 months used around 3 times a week.
Repurchase?
Yes! 

got2b Dry Shampoo
As a dry shampoo this was decent. It  left my hair looking less greasy and it didn't show up white in my hair however I hated the scent. It was really strong and overpowering. It would linger all day.
Longevity?
A year of sporatic use.
Repurchase?
No way! I'm glad it's done.

Leave a Comment

  1. I totally agree with you on the Wake Me Up foundation, I love it!
    Don't forget to enter my Makeup Revolution giveaway here!
    Mary-Ann xx
    Angel Flicks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great reviews!
    Isabelle xx

    ReplyDelete