Cranberry Eyeshadow Look




Happy Thanksgiving Fellow Canadians!

I'm used to wearing neutral shadows but I think Cranberry is a perfect colour for fall and I wanted to try a look that included it. This was an experiment for me that took me out of my comfort zone a little. This is way more dramatic than something I would normally wear. I still had a lot of fun creating this look and I hope it can provide some inspiration.


I started by priming my eyes using the Maybelline Color Tattoo in Inked in Pink. I then took a cranbery eyeshadow all over the lid (MAC's Cranberry would work for this but I just used what I had which was some cheap shadow I've had for years. Sorry I don't have a brand name for it).
I used a blending brush to take Stark from the Naked Basics 2 palette as a transition shade. I smoothed the edges of the cranberry colour and brought it all the way up to my browbone.
I took a Zoeva petitie crease brush and the shade undone from Naked Basics 2 and worked that into my outer V. I blended for a long time to try and get it to look the way I wanted. I added more cranberry and undone until I was happy with the look.
I finished my lids by pressing a little bit of a lighter pink into the inner part of my lid using my finger and then using my finger to make the cranberry colour more intense in the middle of my lid.


On my lower lashline I used undone to line close to my lashes. I smudges it out a bit and added that lighter pink shade just under it. I then attempted to do winged liner using my Rimmel Exaggerate eyeliner. I also used a Maybelline Master Drama eyeliner in Midnight Master to tighline and on my waterline.

As a highlight I used Skimp from Naked Basics 2 on my browbone and in my inner corner I used Venus from the original Naked Basics.

I finished by adding mascara to my top and bottom lashes.




Leave a Comment

Post a Comment