Urban Decay Naked Basics 2 Review





As soon as it was announced that Urban Decay was coming out with a second Naked Basics Palette I knew I had to have it. The original is one of my most used and most loved palettes so I was skeptical that this would live up but I think it's just as good. The packaging is exactly the same as the original and just like the first, it contains 5 matte shadows and 1 satin. The quality and pigmentation of these shadows live up to the expectation that comes with Urban Decay shadows. The shades in this palette are cooler toned than the first one which suites my skintone better. All these shades look good on my lids whereas with the original Naked Basics the colour foxy disappeared on me. I really appreciate how the dark shade in this palette is not black. Most palettes contain a black shade and having some variation is nice. I do have to say that this palette is missing a good highlight shade. Skimp is beautiful and I enjoy using it as a lid colour but it doesn't work as a browbone or inner corner highlight on me. Venus from the first palette is still my favourite highlight of all time. Overall I love this palette and I feel the two are different enough that it's worth having both.


Urban Decay Descriptions:
Skimp- pale nude, satin
Stark- nude pink, matte
Frisk-warm grey, matte
Cover- muted red-brown, matte
Primal- muted brown, matte
Undone- deep smokey brown, matte


Swatches:
                       Skimp,     Stark,      Frisk,    Cover,   Primal,   Undone

Leave a Comment

Post a Comment