September ispy Bag Review




What is ipsy?
For my birthday I got a subscription to the ipsy Glam Bag service. Every month you'll receive in the mail a beauty bag filled with samples and full sized items. To become a member go to ispy.com where you can take the beauty quiz to describe the type of products you'd be interested in and subscribe to the service for only $10 a month.

Waiting List
I was put on the waiting list in August when I signed up. It was less than a month of waiting before I was accepted. September was the first month my bag arrived. By sharing on Facebook you can apparently get off the wait list sooner but I found that unnecessary.

September Bag

Overall Score: A
I thought the itself bag was really cute and I'll probably find another use for it. It's a metallic silver faux leather with studs along the top.

I got five items in my bag this month. And overall all the products were very good and I believe I will actually get use out of them.

Be a Bombshell Cosmetics - Smooth Criminal Powder
This is a very finely milled white powder that I would use to set my concealer. It's very smooth and actually reduces the appearance of pores. This retails for $12 on beabombshellcosmetics.com.

Maybelline - Master Glaze Blush Stick in Make a Mauve
This is slightly smaller than the original one you can find in the drugstore but there is still a lot of product and I probably won't get through it all. The shade I got will be perfect for winter as it is a darker shade but can be made sheer enough not to be too harsh. The formula is a little more glittery than I would normally go for but still a good product.

 Briogeo - Don't Despair, Repair!
I have't tried this hair mask yet (or any hair mask actually) so I don't have anything I can say about how well it works, however it smells amazing. According to the Briogeo website they are preparing to launch their products in Sephora. The full sized product retails for $26 on www.briogeohair.com. 

Nourish Organic - Moisturizing Cream Face Cleanser
This was my one disappointment from this months bag. I am very picky about my cleansers as my face is very sensitive specially to cleansers. I didn't like the smell this had, it is supposed to be fragrance free but I did not find that to be the case. The consistency was also not creamy but more of a liquid.

Pacifica 7 Free Nail Polish - Red Red Wine
This was by far my favourite product in this months bag. This is a full sized bottle that retails at $9. It goes on opague in just one coat and it doesn't chip anywhere near as fast as most other polishes. The colour is also beautiful and the packaging is super cute. I was very impressed.

Leave a Comment

Post a Comment