My Huge Chicago Haul and First Impressions




I recently traveled to Chicago and took advantage of lower priced cosmetics as well as Ulta (an American Makeup store). I ended up dropping a lot of money at several stores including Sephora, Walgreens and Ulta. This is the result of my shopping spree...



Eyes

Too Faced Natural Eyes Palette
I have lots of neutral palettes but it was the the mix of matte and shimmer shadows in this palette that really caught my attention. There's everything you need for a full look.  I've really been loving the colours Silk Teddy, Push-Up and Cashmere Bunny. These shadows are really buttery and pigmented and the packaging is really cute. I'll do a full review eventually.

itCosmetics Naturally Pretty Palette
I've had this palette on my wishlist for a long time. I think it is so unique and versatile. All the shades are matte but it includes a transforming pearl shade that can turn any shadow to a shimmer. It also isn't just a basic neutral palette, there are lots of purples and pinks which you don't normally find in matte. I was also beyond impressed with the texture of these matte shadows. A full review is to come.

Lorac Pro Palette 2
I was so happy to get my hands on this newly released palette. It is really incredible! These are considered cooler shades than the original Pro Palette but there are also more than just neutral colours included. Navy and Plum are unique and beautiful matte's while Jade is a very wearable shimmery green. I've also found that Chrome is very similar to M.A.C's Satin Taupe. I've been staring at this palette imagining the possibilities for days. It is just a beautiful palette. I will have looks and a review coming soon.

Sephora Crayon Jumbo in 04 Taupe
Jordana Fabu Liner in 01 Black

Brows

Anastasia Brow Wiz in Medium Brown
I have fallen in love with this product since I got it . I think it has done so much to improve the look of my eyebrows. The colour match is great and I love the spooly at the end for brushing through my brows.
Milani Brow Tint Pen in 01 Natural Taupe
I was intrigued with this brow pen. I've only ever used a pencil or powder. Although the colour match isn't perfect I was pleased with it especially how long lasting it is.

Cheeks

                                                  Urban Decay Naked Flushed - Native
Urban Decay is one of my favourite brands so I just had to get my hands on their new cheek palette. The one I got is just perfect for my pale skin. The matte blush is gorgeous when used with a light hand, the highlight is beautiful and the bronzer is neither to orange or muddy but it has a tiny bit of shimmer. I love the colours and it seems perfect for travel. My only complaint would be that it can be a little powdery.

Milani Baked Blush in 05 Luminoso
I love Milani's Baked Blushed and I've heard so many people talk about Luminoso so I thought it was time I picked it up. All the hype is worth it. This blush is gorgeous. It's not to shimmery it gives your skin the perfect healthy glow.

Lips 
Maybelline Color Elixir in 10 Celestial Coral, Nyx Butter Gloss in Creme Brulee, Nyx Soft Matte Lip Cream in Antwerp, Maybelline Color Sensational The Buffs in 915 Blushing Beige

Bite Lychee and Musk

 EOS Lemon Drop with SPF 15

Nivea Lip Butter in Caramel Cream Kiss
Nivea is my all time favourite brand for lip balm. This one in particular smells so unbelievably amazing.

Face
Rimmel Match Perfection in 120 Ivory
 I've only used this foundation a few times so I don't have a fully formed opinion on it yet but so far I love it. I love Rimmel's Wake Me Up Foundation and I have been dying to try this one but I couldn't seem to find it in Canada. It blends well, it's medium coverage and leaves my skin with a slightly dewy finish. Rimmel's foundations also smell really good.

Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge
I had been wanting to try a sponge to apply foundation instead of a brush. The Beauty Blender is very expensive and I didn't know if I would like applying my foundation with a brush so I though I would start with the cheaper Real Techniques version. I love Real Techniques as a brand and I heard good things about their sponge. So far it seems very good.

Nails

H&M Nail Polish in Baby Blue


Hair

Tangle Teezer
This is a miracle product. I have extremely tangley hair and this just brushes through it like a dream. I found it at Urban Outfitters but if you can get your hands on one, I think it is a lifesaver for anyone with hair that likes to tangle.

Leave a Comment

Post a Comment