My Blush Collection




Part 1 of my Makeup Collection Series

I'll be cataloging my entire makeup collection as of Spring 2014. Along with which product I own, I'll also be including my thought on each product. Like mini product reviews. I'm very happy with my blush collection at the moment. Clearly I lean towards peach shimmer blushes, but I do have some matte and a red.




Tarte Amazonian clay 12-hour blush in Glisten- I'll start with my current favourite blush and the newest to my collection. It looks so gorgeous. It is a peachy pink colour with a gold shimmer. It lasts a really long time on the cheeks and give a wonderful healthy-looking glow. I have a feeling I'll be using this blush a lot this summer.










NYX Angel- It is a matte soft pink that is super subtle. I use it when i'm going for a toned down everyday look because sometimes shimmer can be too much. I really like the NYX blushes for drugstore and I would definitely buy more.











Nars Deep Throat- Similar to Glisten it is a sheer peach with gold shimmer. Until I got my Tarte blush this was my favourite. It doesn't last quite as long as the Tarte blush and it's more sheer. The shimmer also doesn't show up as much as the Tarte.











Milani Baked Blush in Red Vino- This is by far the darkest blush I own and with my fair skin it needs a very light hand. It has a beautiful gold shimmer running through as well as different dark and light shades of red. As with most baked products it is a little dry and powdery. I was very impressed with the packaging for a drugstore product.














Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush in Peach Satin- This is my only cream blush currently and I have to say I was a little disappointed. There's nothing really bad about it, it just isn't my favourite blush. It's a dark peach but it can be blended out to be pretty sheer. The texture is fun and bouncy but it gets dirty easily.










Covergirl TRU cheeks in 1- This is my oldest blush and I'm not even sure if Covergirl still sells it. It comes with three shades of pink a dark, light and medium. I've mostly used the middle medium shade. The light shade makes a pretty highlight. There is some noticeable silver shimmer. I would say it is quite powdery and it has a strong scent (like a lot of covergirl products) which I sometimes find unappealing to put on my face.







*Disclaimer blushes are hard to swatch because they are usually more concentrated than you would ever wear on your cheek. Take each swatch with a grain of salt.

Leave a Comment

Post a Comment